- Export a CSV file from the source you wish to import
- Log into DocSation and navigate to your patient list
- Click the gray “CSV upload” button on the top right of your screen
- Click “Import CSV File”
- Click “browse for a file” and select the file you exported in step 1 or drag the exported file into the blue box
- If your exported CSV file came from a dispensing system, let us know which in the dropdown. If not, skip this part.
- Click “Continue”
- Select which columns from your exported file you would like to import
- Match the appropriate field in DocStation to the appropriate column in your exported file. We do our best to automatically match, but make sure to double check our work.
- Click “Looks good!” when you have matched all the columns you would like to import
- Give us a while to process your import, and wait for an email from us notifying you that it is complete.
Requirements for all import files
- The import file must be a .csv file
- The import file should contain fewer than 250,000 rows and be smaller than 150MB.
- A header row is required for your file. During the import process, DocStation will attempt to match column headers to their corresponding DocStation property. Otherwise, you can manually map your column headers to their property value.
Certain values are required to create a DocStation resource.
- Patient: Name, date of birth, gender
- Patient Medication: NDC
We do our best to figure how your data is formatted, but some properties require a specific format in order to be imported.
- Dates: 'YYYY-MM-DD', 'MM-DD-YYYY', 'MM/DD/YYYY', 'M/DD/YYYY'
- NDCs: 11-digits with no dashes, 11-digits with dashes in the "5-4-2" format, 10-digit with dashes in the "4-4-2" format, 10-digit with dashes in the "5-3-2" format, 10-digit with dashes in the "5-4-1" format
You can use the files below in your DocStation account by importing them, then deleting the newly created test patients.
Existing DocStation patients
If you import a file with information for existing patients, any existing information will be overwritten by new values you've imported. DocStation checks for an existing patient using any of the following:
- Patient Identifiers: your dispensing system patient ID, coverage ID, etc.
- Patient: Name + DOB + Gender
Duplicate patients in the same file
If the import file has duplicate patients, DocStation will import the information in the order they appear in the document. This means if a medication for a patient appears multiple times, the information nearest the bottom of the file will be the last imported.
Unmatched columns in the import file
DocStation will discard any unmatched columns.